Ready to join one of the most successful fashion brands on the high street? Do you have a passion for fashion? Driven to achieve? United to win? If your answers are yes, we think you’ll love it here on the Island…
From our first shop in the remains of a North London bombsite in the 1940s, to now over 250 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are known for our stylish, affordable fashion and we like to shout-it loud.
Our Island community is everything and we are stronger together. Every Islander counts in making fashion a force for good and we value individuality and difference. Exceptional people have made River Island a success for over 70 years. Together we will continue to do so in the years ahead.
We are one team. We are the difference. We are River Island.
As a CloudOps Engineer, you will be the technical expert designing and implementing the cloud platform products that are key for River Island’s success while championing the IaC, CI/CD, and cloud practices across the business.
You will be part of the Cloud Engineering team, crafting solutions to continuously evolve the underlying technology of our applications and infrastructure, as well as improving processes and standards to ensure the continuous delivery of customer value.
As part of a product-focused engineering team, you will engage with other tech teams, product and leadership to expand the breadth and depth of our technical capabilities, helping us meet the needs of our growing business.
As a CloudOps Engineer you are accountable for:
• Designing, building, and maintaining a platform that addresses the business needs and continuously improves the efficiency for its users.
• Owning the cloud platform provisioning process, aiming to increase operational availability, repeatability & efficiency, while ensuring control, policies and auditing are in place.
• Advancing innovation efforts to enable the evolution and continuous improvement of all cloud products and processes.
• Maintain a customer-centric approach with a focus on user experience, while increasing reliability, availability, security, scalability, and supportability of the platform.
• Define, implement and own best practices across the cloud platform products and processes.
• Engage with other cross-functional teams across tech and other areas of the organisation as necessary, to collaborate, support, and gain the knowledge and context that will allow you to evolve and improve how we deliver customer value.
• Embrace a culture of innovation and continuous improvement within the Cloud Engineering team, adopting fast prototyping techniques and continuous exploration of new ideas.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong AWS experience is critical for this role
• Highly skilled in Terraform 12+
• Solid experience with Jenkins
• Good exposure to well defined and well implemented CI/CD practices
• Used Kubernetes to orchestrate deployment, scaling and management of Docker Containers
• Experience integrating security requirements into CI/CD pipelines
• Familiar with scripting languages, preferably Groovy and Python
• Good understanding of core infrastructure services and networking
• An Agile background/culture, preferably working with scrum or Kanban teams
• Strong verbal and written skills
This role offers remote working. The Head Office is in West London. Hanger Lane is the nearest tube station on the central line, alternatively we have a free on-site car park should driving be an option.
And wait, did we mention the perks?
- Discount – Generous 50% staff discount so you can treat yourself!
- RI Rewards – More discounts and vouchers with Perks at Work
- Island culture – We have a gym, subsidised restaurant & Costa, and a bargain staff shop, all onsite!
- Work that stays at work – Flexible working is a given, on top of payday early finishes and Summer Fridays
- Health Benefits – Childcare vouchers, eye vouchers, ride to work scheme, EAP and more…
- Giver Island – Give as you earn scheme, a ‘Giver Island’ day each year and matched funding
- Training on the job – Support with upskilling skills through on the job training and qualifications
- Pension - A contributory private pension scheme
- Holiday - 25 days paid holiday