We are currently looking for a Data Architect to join the IT Architecture team at River Island. You will be providing hands on architecture to the team and shaping the future of the next generation BI Platform in AWS.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- To work with the wider architecture community at River Island and contribute to maintaining and applying our strategic technology goals and engineering principles
- Supply hands-on architecture expertise to the Next Gen BI (NGBI) team, applying those principles to shaping solutions for the DataOps platform and BI and data products
- To work with key business stakeholders to continue the progress made on River Island’s data sharing and self-service BI journey
- Engagement with other product and engineering teams to drive adoption and re-use of the DataOps platform
- Engagement with software vendors to understand and/or influence the direction of their products so as to better inform River Island’s architectural and solution approach
- With the NGBI team, conduct assessments and trials for domain specific new technologies
- With IT Portfolio and NGBI Agile Deliver Manager, ensure that the NextGenBI team is delivering initiatives in line with the product and platform ‘Lean Value Tree’ mission, goals and bets
- To drive innovation and continuous improvement, recognising opportunities to add value to the business through application and combination of new IT thinking and capability
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Demonstrable depth of knowledge and hands on practical experience in the data and BI (tools, analytics and data science) domain
- Old and new school data architecture and tech, e.g.
- SaaS database (Snowflake, Redshift etc.) & On Prem database (Oracle, Netezza etc.)
- Data Lake & Data Warehouse patterns
- Python & SQL
- Data Pipelines & PL/SQL
- SaaS BI (Looker etc.) & On Prem BI (SAP Business Objects etc.)
- Domain and event modelling (JSON) & traditional relational (Kimball et al) modelling
- Sound understanding of cloud services and infrastructure, particularly AQS
- Sound understanding of Git and the Git workflow
- Lean and Agile methods and ways of working
- Data for a purpose, e.g. Logistics, Merchandising, Marketing, Analytics, Data Science
- Experience with technical and business facing data dictionaries and catalogues
- Experience with CI/CD automation tooling
- Familiarity with microservices architecture
- Experience of bricks & mortar retail business
- Experience in the fashion industry
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane only)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)