We are looking for a Database Administrator to build, manage and support the River Island IT Database Infrastructure.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Logging, prioritisation and management of incidents to meet OLA’s and SLA’s
- Manage assigned specific tasks / areas of responsibility to support the building and maintenance of River Island Database infrastructure
- Resolve incidents, collaborating with other teams and escalating where required in line with incident processes
- Proactively monitor and fix the River Island database estate
- Troubleshoot and resolve database issues
- Support database systems management tools
- Support Cloud hosted Infrastructure within HP VPC and AWS instances
- Assist with the configuration and implementation of project requirements as directed by the project managers and infrastructure delivery team
- Take part in out of hours callout rotas as required to meet business needs
- Work with project teams to ensure successful realisation of deliverables
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Minimum 4 years supporting ORACLE database infrastructure.
- Minimum 2 years supporting ORACLE on virtualised platforms.
- Minimum 2 years supporting ORACLE on Linux Red Hat OS.
- Minimum 2 years MS SQL Administration, understanding and capability
- Demonstrable experience in database performance tuning (MySQL / Oracle)
- Demonstrable experience database security (MySQL / Oracle)
- Demonstrable experience in RMAN / Datapump
- Experience in Data Warehousing, Materialized Views, APEX, ORDS
- Power Shell/BAT scripting capability
- Bash Scripting
- Networking and Internet fundamentals
- Storage management, design and support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- ITIL Service Management
- Professional Database Qualifications such as MySQL Database Administration, OCA, OCP, OCM, MCSA SQL Server
- Experience with the AWS Cloud platform and associated tooling.
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server.
- PCI and other regulatory compliance knowledge
- Ability to translate technical issues into business language
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking