Role: AWS DevOps Engineer
Type: Permanent and Contract
Location: Head Office - Hanger Lane and Shoreditch
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
What will you do as a DevOps Engineer?
Our DevOps engineers help River Island adopt the cloud and implement Infrastructure as code.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about Infrastructure as Code, enjoys sharing knowledge and working closely with development teams, and values testing and reproducibility, as well as figuring out how to document and write playbooks.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- We have several projects running in AWS in over ~20 accounts.
- We utilise AWS best practices to control access and access accounts through a central IAM account.
- Our whole AWS estate is configured in terraform, in multiple repos, and we use Concourse CI to push our changes out through various CD pipelines to our accounts.
- Each project has a set of accounts, and utilises similar patterns in AWS through core terraform modules we have created, where applicable.
- Each project has its own CD setup to build and deploy infrastructure & software.
- Currently we are predominately using AWS Lambda, RDS and ECS to deploy applications, and infrastructure tooling due to its simplicity. In future we are considering kubernetes when scale & complexity merits it.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Extensive experience with AWS, networking, Terraform, Infrastructure as Code, CD Pipelines.
- Working closely with software engineers to advise on the best methods for continuous integration and delivery
- Required skills: AWS, Terraform, Docker, Infrastructure testing
- Ability to write readable, tested code in at least one programming language.
- Proficient in Bash scripting, following google style guide and general best practices.
Attitudes and behaviours:
- Focussed, consistent and results-driven
- Communicates in a clear, confident and articulate manner
- Treats team members with consideration and respect
- Demonstrates a flexible, proactive and collaborative approach
- Sets high personal standards
- Builds positive and constructive relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
- Focuses on delivering best possible outcome and value for River Island and for the customer
- Takes personal responsibility for team and departmental success
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies and improving skills
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking