As our Digital Service Manager, you’re a key part of the Service team and represent all consumer facing services covering our cloud platforms. You are responsible for ensuring all Service Support and Service Delivery actions are taken to meet the River Island business and IT Requirements for those services. This is a fantastic space to join as you are responsible for Service Design & Implementation for Cloud platform technology.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Working closely with our AWS platform and product teams to developing a strong understanding of project backlog impacting your service area and ensuring service impact is minimised and agreed with the business.
- Effectively monitor, control and support service delivery, ensuring systems, methodologies and procedures are advocated and followed in collaboration with Team Leads.
- Define SLA’s and ensure the SLA’s are achieved; service quality and internal customer expectations are met or exceeded.
- Drive agreement on business KPI’s and quality attributes for services in your area of responsibility, ensuring appropriate KPI’s are understood within project workstreams.
- Work with management and teams to ensure adequate disaster recovery and business continuity plans & procedures are in place and regularly tested.
- Own and drive Service Improvement Plans for your service area.
- Own and lead Service Design & Transition activities for your service area ensuring no new services or changes to existing services go live without a robust support model in place.
- Build and maintain relationships with the key business stakeholders, delivering Service Reporting and conducting Service Review meetings to an agreed schedule or upon request.
- Manage operational costs and contractual negotiations for renewals on all third-party contracts for support and maintenance of associated enterprise systems ensuring they are fit for purpose and meet the needs of the business.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Proven record of supporting complex mission critical systems powering an organisation of significant scale, including eCommerce or Multi-Channel.
- A background in a retail sector would be a significant benefit, including knowledge of key Retail concepts as well as the organizational, business and technical challenges that they face.
- Service Management or Support in a large-scale and diverse environment of incident management, escalation procedures and related disciplines
- Strong knowledge of ITIL disciplines
- Experience of managing 3rd parties and 3rd party delivered services
- Experience in Service Design and Service Transition for AWS platform services
- Strong Leadership qualities and influencing skills
- The ability to clearly communicate across different levels of the business and IT
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Desirable – knowledge of Payment systems
- Technical Qualifications e.g. ITIL Foundation
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking