Quality Assurance holds a vital place in River Island Engineering Strategy and is an integral part of the development team. It is indeed an exciting time for RI Tech as we are transitioning to microservices architecture and embracing a DevOps culture. We strive to continuously improve our development and testing processes to shorten feedback loops and maximise value.
We are looking for experienced test engineers to champion QA in our cross-functional teams. With a thorough working knowledge of agile methodologies, you will engage proactively with the team to understand business requirements, elaborate user stories and define acceptance criteria. You will plan, define and execute testing of all project deliveries; triage issues found and report on progress. As a champion of quality assurance, you will help align testing strategy to enable us to be better and faster.
- Review and ensure requirements/user stories/acceptance criteria stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Work as an embedded tester in the context of a scrum team, evaluating the complexity of user stories, contributing to estimates during sprint planning, developing and performing tests.
- Champion a shift-left approach to in-sprint testing.
- Conduct appropriate levels and types of testing of user stories.
- Collaborate with developers on architecture and design, evaluate and improve processes to enhance software quality
- Identify and inform the team of any impediments or risks to product quality or project delivery
- Automate tests where cost-effective to ensure software delivered is fit for purpose and meets business needs
- Ensures defects are documented in sufficient detail to be reproducible
- Proactively shares knowledge and information with others
- Assist and supports business users during user acceptance testing
- Ensures all work is completed on time and under established processes, practices, procedures and quality standards
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience with quality assurance tools and practices
- Significant experience in testing eCommerce solutions
- Knowledge of web technologies
- Understanding of agile methodologies such as test-driven development, continuous integration, agile testing
- Experience of planning, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, E2E, UAT, OAT, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Exploratory testing techniques, Rapid software testing, and Database testing
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Experience in agile testing
- Project/Issue tracking tools such as Jira
- Test Management tools such as Zephyr, Quality Center or similar
- Exposure to test automation frameworks like Selenium and Cucumber-JVM
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development within the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either… we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake-offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)