We are currently looking for an EUC (End User Computing) Manager to lead the service desk and local support team supporting the business. This person will bring passion and the ability to drive the development of the EUC environment. They will be striving for continuous improvement in processes, tools and technology, empowering a productive and solution focused team.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- To provide expert knowledge in the End User Compute workspace defining, building and maintaining end user client technology to all River Island headquarters & mobile users. Pushing the boundaries of client management toolsets providing automated solutions to the end user environment, using best practice.
- Provide expert Knowledge and solutions to the end user workspace
- Define develop and maintain client management toolsets
- Proactively identify root causes and providing automated solutions where possible
- Build integrated end user solutions with ITSM toolsets
- Deliver an outstanding end user experience through service excellence
- Lead a team of 12 1st and 2nd line support engineers
- Drive continues service improvements and innovative new ways of working
- Support the personal development of all team members
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Expertly lead & manage a team of 12 1st and 2nd line support engineers
- Define, develop and maintain client management toolsets, (LANDesk/MobileIron)
- Proactively identify root causes and provide automated solutions where possible
- Provide best practice solutions to support legacy applications
- Define build and maintain Windows\Mac images using best practice
- Use ITSM toolsets to manage incidents, service requests, problems and risks
- Collaborating with other IT functions as needed and escalate through incident process where required
- Act as a point of escalation for the Service Desk and local support teams to further technically manage incidents to resolution with permanent fixes
- Keep all documentation correct and up to date
- Capture knowledge from across the IT function and feed in to the support teams to improve support to end users
- Escalate high impact issues with IT management following the agreed escalation procedures
- Define continuous service improvement activities within the team to enhance service levels
- Respond as required to all End User Compute escalations
- 5+ years in a IT support role
- Proven system center\Lan Desk Management suite\Service Now experience, with the ability to design and build a client managed environment
- Proven scripting capabilities especially PowerShell
- App-v or equivalent knowledge
- Proven ability to build and maintain Windows\MAC images using best practice
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques with minimal supervision, proactively providing permanent fixes to root causes
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and MAC client operating systems
- Application packaging capability
- Good understanding of end user security
- Firm understanding of software licensing
- Excellent technical knowledge of PCs, other desktop hardware, laptops and tablets
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to plan, prioritise, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLAs
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression within the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane only)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)