We are looking for someone to lead our team of EUC Specialist Engineers providing support across business-critical applications across River Island. You will need to have experience in EUC/Desktop support and be a capable Team Leader.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Lead the EUC Support team to provide support for business-critical applications within River Island.
- Day to day management and performance of the ECU support teams to meet OLA’s and SLA’s
- Service transition from Project delivery to the ECU Support teams
- Assign specific areas of responsibility to the ECU team to achieve service levels and KPI’s
- Manage, plan and monitor BAU and project work to ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard and within expectation
- Provide hands on technical support where required to support team workloads
- Collaborate with other teams / Peer groups and escalate where required
- Manage workloads of business impacting incidents, service improvements and bug fixes through ITSM tool and project backlogs streams
- Help support and resource projects with application analysts during design, delivery and transitional stages of the lifecycle.
- Support project teams during transition of services into Operations
- Review, edit and improve support processes and procedures
- Own high impacting Incidents, Problems and Changes
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities within Service and Operations and through Communities of Practises.
- Act as a point of contact for escalations from the user base and RI Tech
- Work with minimal supervision, use own initiative and professional judgement to make sound decisions affecting the end user environment
- Provide support for Disaster Recovery invocations and trials as necessary
- Adhere to all compliance policies and processes
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Define, develop and maintain client management toolsets, (LANDesk)
- Proactively identify root causes and providing automated solutions where possible
- Provide best practise solutions to support legacy applications
- Define build and maintain Windows\Mac images using best practice
- Use ITSM toolsets to manage incidents and service requests
- Collaborating with other IT functions as needed and escalate through incident process where required
- Act as a point of escalation for the Service Desk and ECU support teams to further technically manage incidents to resolution with permanent fixes
- Capture knowledge from across the IT function and feed in to the support teams to improve support to end user
- Maintain a consistent format to all procedures by using the approved standard layout, formatting and language
- Escalate high impact issues with IT management following the agreed escalation procedures
- Define continuous improvement activities within the team to enhance service levels
- Understanding of Agile ways of working and iterative development.
- ITIL Service Management Experience
- Demonstrable experience in managing application standards
- Ability to translate technical issues into understandable business language for end users.
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Experience in a medium/large retail enterprise
- 2+ years in a Team Leader/Management role
- Proven system center\Lan Desk Management suite experience, with the ability to design and build a client managed environment
- ITIL Foundation Certificate or higher
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows XP, Windows 7, Windows 8 and MAC client operating systems
- Application packaging capability
- Excellent understanding of end user security
- Excellent understanding of software licensing
- Excellent technical knowledge of PCs, other desktop hardware, laptops and tablets
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- Ability to plan, prioritise, manage and perform under pressure to meet SLAs
Attitudes and behaviours:
- Proactively seeks ways to improve business service and productivity
- Focussed, consistent and results-driven
- Communicates in a clear, confident and articulate manner
- Treats team members with consideration and respect
- Demonstrates a flexible, proactive and collaborative approach
- Sets high personal standards
- Builds positive and constructive relationships with colleagues
- Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
- Focuses on delivering best possible outcome and value for River Island and for the customer
- Takes personal responsibility for team and departmental success
- Takes a positive and responsive approach to identifying, raising and resolving risks and issues
- Cultivates a culture of team ownership of quality and project deliverables
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies and improving skills
- Ability to influence at all levels
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking