We are looking for a Head of Infrastructure & Cloud to define, manage and support the strategy for RI Techs Infrastructure requirements across on premise, Cloud and Digital platforms. You will be responsible for managing third parties, internal teams and communities to develop River Islands infrastructure strategy, driving the development of cloud platform services and continuous improvement of the digital platform. Owning the roadmaps for RI’s cloud strategy and ensuring the wellbeing and development of the practice and team.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Manage a team of Infrastructure Engineers across, cloud, on prem, digital and Networks.
- Continuation of Agile methodology within team
- Practices Backlog
- Foster collaborative partnerships across functional organizations and mature River Islands DevOps Culture
- Develop and retain key relationships with other heads of practices.
- Support and continuously improve a highly scalable public cloud presence
- Enhance performance, control and “enterprise readiness” throughout the infrastructure automation framework
- Plan, lead and drive projects through entire lifecycle
- Build and foster a high-performance culture, mentor team members and provide your team with the tools and guidance to make things happen
- In line with the community, create deployment strategies for existing and new services based on business objectives
- Help drive innovation while encouraging standards, efficiency and compliance
- Implement tooling to optimize performance, availability and costs across the Could and Infrastructure Practice.
- Manage long term, project/milestone-based work across functional borders
- Vendor and budget management
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- 10+ years of experience in Web/cloud/Infrastructure operation, administration and/or engineering with organizational leadership of large scale, global services
- Expert experience within a DevOps Environment.
- 5+ years of infrastructure engineering management experience
- Hands-on experience scaling and managing cloud-based infrastructures
- Advanced knowledge Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Solid foundation in software engineering best practices
- Experience with Scrum and agile development processes and methodologies
- Well versed in tooling automation and CI/CD pipelines
- Solid understanding of highly available, performant and secure service delivery
- Thorough understanding of networking concepts, Internet protocols and network security
- Clear communicator with a positive attitude
- Ability to interface with several internal partners simultaneously
Attitudes and behaviours:
- Treats team members with consideration and respect
- Demonstrates a flexible and collaborative approach
- Sets high personal standards
- Builds positive and constructive relationships with colleagues
- Proactive and considered approach
- Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
- Focuses on delivering best possible outcome and value for River Island and for the customer
- Takes personal responsibility for team and departmental success
- Takes a positive and responsive approach to identifying, raising and resolving risks and issues
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking