We are looking for an experienced Head of UX/UI with exceptional problem-solving skills. Rational, curious, experimental and calm, the RI UX team makes sure that our users’ needs are always represented. You’re proactive and able to drive the full user experience lifecycle all whilst inspiring, guiding, mentoring and leading the UX Design team with passion and flair! You will be working closely with the business so running workshops with multiple stakeholders, so we’re looking for someone happy to get their hands dirty.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Leadership and mentoring our team of UX and UI designers, responsible for designing our web and mobile apps.
- Work closely with our Product Managers, Stakeholders, Business Analysts and Engineers to build out a first-class Customer Experience across our digital platforms.
- Connect and translate business strategy into tangible customer experiences.
- Management and prioritisation of the UX backlog.
- Own the UX and design processes, including tooling, design methodology and Ways of Working.
- Work collaboratively with Marketing and Ecomm, driving design consistency and embedding our Design Principles across the business.
- Ensure functional and design consistency across our digital products.
- Facilitate and support workshops.
- Lead the Design Community of Practice.
- Drive innovation and new approaches within an Agile UCD environment.
- Improve our design capabilities through team maturity, development and growth.
- Work closely with your engineering colleagues to support delivery, ensuring our products are of the highest standard.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- You have a host of well-known brands on your CV, ideally in fashion retail or similar.
- Extensive experience leading the design of digital products within an Agile UCD environment.
- Amazing stakeholder management skills, along with excellent communication skills in verbal, written and formal presentation formats.
- Able to lead teams of UX/UI designers and work hand-in-hand with technology teams.
- A good understanding of the capabilities and limitations of web and mobile technologies.
- Experience of and an appreciation for the importance of branding and marketing.
- Able to drive innovation and continuous improvement of products you’re responsible for and your team’s processes and methodologies.
- Capable of driving best practice and high quality, but can apply pragmatism and compromise when necessary.
- Excellent leadership skills, able to coach and mentor your teams through change.
- Ability to break down a strategic roadmap into tangible, incremental deliverables.
- Commercially aware and delivery focused.
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)