Role: Head of UX/UI
WE’RE GOING PLACES….
With more than 60 years of history in the bag, ours is a brand with an impressive heritage. Style is well and truly in our blood. As well as UK and Ireland, we are represented globally through our stores in Western Europe, Eastern Europe, Middle East and Asia. Our e-commerce business is helping to set the trend globally, shipping to 125 countries whilst also growing our presence on the world’s leading digital fashion marketplaces.
Our people make all the difference. Just as the River Island name pulls customers in off the high street and inspires them to buy online, our employer brand turns the heads of talented people, inspiring them to join, stay and grow with us.
What will you do as a Head of UX/UI
Responsible for leading multiple design teams which work across both our web and mobile apps.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
• Leading a team of UX and UI Designers/Developer who are responsible for designing mobile apps and websites.
• Connect and translate business strategy into tangible customer experiences
• Own the UX and design processes, including tooling, design methodology and Ways of Working.
• Drive innovation and new approaches within an Agile UCD environment
• Production of high-quality code by self and team within agreed timelines
• Lead the Design Community of Practice.
• Work collaboratively with Marketing and Ecomm, driving design consistency and embedding our Design Principles across the business.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
• Able to lead teams of UX/UI designers and work hand-in-hand with technology teams.
• A good understanding of the capabilities and limitations of web and mobile technologies.
• Able to drive innovation and continuous improvement of products you’re responsible for and your team’s processes and methodologies.
• Extensive experience leading the design of digital products within an Agile UCD environment.
• Excellent leadership skills, able to coach and mentor your teams through change.
• Commercially aware and delivery focussed.
Attitudes and behaviours:
• Treats team members with consideration and respect
• Demonstrates a flexible and collaborative approach
• Sets high personal standards
• Builds positive and constructive relationships with colleagues
• Proactive and considered approach
• Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
• Focuses on delivering best possible outcome and value for River Island and for the customer
• Takes personal responsibility for team and departmental success
• Takes a positive and responsive approach to identifying, raising and resolving risks and issues
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
• 50% Staff Discount
• Pension Scheme
• Holiday plus bank holidays
• Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
• Discounted on-site gym membership
• Ride to work scheme
• Staff Shop
• Subsidised canteen
• Free onsite parking