We are looking for an experienced Integration Tester to provide technical QA expertise across our cross-functional development teams to enable quick and reliable delivery. You need to have a thorough working knowledge of SQL and Integration Testing along with agile methodologies.
- Review business/design documentation to ensure that requirements/user stories/acceptance criteria stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Works as an embedded tester in the context of a scrum team, evaluating complexity of user stories, contributing to estimates during sprint planning, developing tests and ensuring test execution is appropriately conducted by cross-functional scrum team members
- Works as part of a SIT/regression test team, designing end to end test scenarios and executing regression and performance benchmarking tests.
- Collaborate with developers to evaluate and improve processes to enhance software quality
- Identify and inform the team of any impediments or risks to product quality or project delivery
- Automates tests where cost-effective to ensure software delivered is fit for purpose and meets business needs
- Ensures defects are documented in sufficient detail to be reproducible
- Manages defects found and works with stakeholders (Business, IT) to analyse, prioritise and resolve them
- Provides metrics on quality and progress
- Proactively shares knowledge and information with others
- Assist and supports business users during user acceptance testing
- Ensures all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established processes, practices, procedures and quality standards
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Extensive experience with quality assurance tools and practices
- Significant experience of planning and executing enterprise scale integration testing involving multiple large applications
- Understanding of agile methodologies such as test driven development, continuous integration, agile testing
- Extensive experience of SQL/PL-SQL and tools such as TOAD/SQL Developer
- Knowledge of Test Data provisioning and management
- Experience of planning, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, UAT, OAT etc)
- Experience of Risk analysis and Risk Based Regression Testing
- In depth knowledge of Exploratory testing techniques, Rapid software testing and Database testing
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Experience in SOAP/REST API testing
- Experience in JSON/XML validations
Technical skill sets (required)
- SQL, PL/SQL
- Project/Issue tracking tools such as Jira
- Test Management tools such as Zephyr, Quality Center or similar
- Scripting (Shell/Python/Groovy)
Technical skill sets (Desirable)
- Automated Test Tools like Code Tester for Oracle, utPLSQL or similar
- Performance Test Tools such as Load Runner, JMeter
- PL/SQL Development experience
- Build and CI Tools like Jenkins or similar
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!