We are looking for an experienced, motivated and passionate Lead User Experience Designer to join our team at River Island. This role will take a leading role in deﬁning design and research across multiple project and product areas, looking to deliver measurable step change in experiences that delight our users, whilst supporting the businesses in achieving both strategic and tactical goals.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
• Identify the best methods to support project objectives, blending a mix of qualitative and quantitative research and assessment methodologies, including usability studies, remote research, surveys and card sorts
• Able to act as the voice of the customer, be passionate about their needs and be a vocal advocate for continually improving their experience
• Understanding our customer and business needs across multiple product areas, directly relating all solutions back to measurable outcomes
• Run design workshops, feedback sessions and present back proposals to a variety of stakeholders as well as contribute to team discussion and collaborative problem solving
• Help drive forward research capabilities to ensure customer validation and exploration at key parts of the design process, conducting both reactive and in depth usability studies, remaining ﬂexible with scope, time and budget constraints
• Be an advocate for the brand, communicating key experience goals to wider business areas and encouraging and empowering direct reports and peers to achieve results
• Support the User Interface Design function in their ambitions to develop and utilise a coherent and effective design system, advocating this work and helping deliver consistent and delightful interfaces across all products
• Management and delivery of multiple projects across a variety of product areas, including campaign and marketing lead initiatives, ensuring high
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- This role seeks an individual with a deep understanding of experience design methodologies, practices and principles, with a corresponding portfolio of work.
- You must be able to clearly demonstrate a detailed understanding of interaction and interface design, including user research working with both qualitative and quantitative data.
- You will be working with stakeholders and cross functional teams across the business, that will help shape the direction of our products, conﬁdently communicating recommendations and gaining support and advocacy for the experience design process.
- You’ll be mentoring a team of UX designers in both research and design output as well as contributing to peer reviews.
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen