We are looking for talented Software Engineers to help River Island’s business transformation into the cloud and creation of a service-oriented architecture using microservices.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
We are creating an SOA made up of a number projects running in AWS in over 20 accounts. We utilise AWS best practices to control access and access accounts through a central IAM account. Our whole AWS estate is configured in Terraform, in multiple repos, and we use Concourse CI to push our changes out through various CD pipelines to our accounts. All systems share common REST APIs utilising microservices. Currently we are predominately using AWS Lambda, RDS and ECS to deploy applications, and infrastructure tooling due to its simplicity. In the future we are considering Kubernetes when scale & complexity merits it.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
We are looking for someone who is passionate about software engineering, REST, API best practice, enjoys sharing knowledge and working closely with development teams, and values testing and reproducibility, as well as figuring out the best way to build systems that are maintainable and easy to comprehend.
- Required skills: Java, PHP, or Golang.
- Experience with creating APIs / microservices, experience working in AWS
- Advantage if you have experience of Terraform, Kubernetes, MySQL, DynamoDB, Aurora, Cloudwatch
- Working within a cross functional agile product team to deliver incremental changes in a continuous delivery environment.
- Ability to write self-documenting code using a test and behaviour driven approach, that adheres to SOLID principles.
- Happy to work with Linux on the command line
- Experience with distributed systems and CI pipelines a plus
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Ride to work scheme