We are looking for a PMO Portfolio Lead to join our Delivery and Transformation team which supports RI Tech. You will be responsible for owning the governance and maintenance of one the Portfolios within the business and maintaining good working relationships with Senior stakeholders, Delivery Managers as well as contributing to the PMO team and its growth and development.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
We need a PMO focused self starter who is not afraid of a challenge. You will be varied operating at portfolio level and in the detail of projects. Moving between both as required. The role will be integral to the smooth delivery of RI Tech’s portfolio backlog. The ability to introduce practical improvements to our ways of working – and make them stick, is a must. Problem solving and working with others is key to this role, stakeholders will range from the PMO, Heads of Depts, Delivery Managers and Scrum teams.
The PMO Lead will be a key player in improving the way we do things, you will have a hands on role during an exciting period of transformation at RI Tech.
If you have experience of keeping a tight handle on a variety of projects and programmes and leading others to follow PMO requirements, this role is for you.
Working as part of an evolving PMO team, this role will:
- Play a key role supporting RI Tech on its ambitious journey by ensuring projects and programmes are working in line with the agile governance that is in place. Contributing ideas to ensure continuous improvement, so that we are always maturing in how we do things.
- Act as the PMO Lead for a portfolio area/s, maintaining a live and accurate helicopter view of portfolio status and health. Know and understand the end to end view: pipeline through to closure state. Keeping track of project status, risks, issues, costs and dependencies.
- Ensure the projects in your area are prepared for governance checkpoints, provide assurance over the input required for governance ceremonies. Champion the demand and delivery model and embed knowledge and understanding of the Definitions of Done.
- Provide relevant and useful management information to the Head of Portfolio and Head of PMO to aid decision making and to keep them abreast of key movements within portfolios. Provide forward looking scenario analysis, to highlight risks and provide recommendations for mitigating and avoiding risks.
- Develop a working relationship with the project teams in your area, stay close to project and sprint progress. Uncover and define blockers to facilitate timely escalations for support.
- Work closely with the PMO Finance Lead, Delivery Managers and Head of Portfolio, to ensure your portfolio’s financial information is represented correctly in the overall RI Tech financial view.
- Build on and improve the information contained in the Master Portfolio Backlog for your portfolio area. Ensure backlog entries are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Work closely with the Head of PMO and other PMO Leads to run and manage an effective prioritization process for RI Tech. ensuring that we are focusing on delivering the right projects/capabilities at the right time; in line with the budget available.
- Line manage and develop PMO Analyst/s, this may be required as the PMO team structure transforms.
- Act as a champion of agile, support the PMO team with building capability across the PMO and wider Delivery team.
- Contribute to the development of the RI Tech PMO KPIs and work to these to ensure team standards are met.
- Support the administration and housekeeping across our tooling, feed requirements and improvements into the Portfolio Management Tooling project and to PMO Lead Agile Governance
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, skills and experience needed:
- Experienced PMO professional with time spent working in busy PMO environments, preferably across a mixed portfolio, ranging from big transformation projects to smaller scale initiatives.
- Experience of having a hands on role in an agile environment, either being part of an agile delivery team or playing a PMO role.
- Tenacious and proven skills in playing a lead role in maintaining good governance and producing insights to support decision making.
- Proven problem solving skills. Able to think through a problem and provide practical solutions.
- Self-starting qualities - you will need to be self-motivated as some tasks will be repeatable.
- PMO, project management qualifications and Agile certification or recent exposure to best practice ways of working. A strong working knowledge of both Agile and waterfall is required.
- Great people skills, especially strong stakeholder engagement skills.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of Jira and Confluence administration. Experience of other PPM/agile tooling is also welcomed.
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be!
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking