We at River Island are changing the way Solution and Enterprise Architecture is conducted by and are looking for a talented Architect to join us on the journey. You will be influential in helping guide our technology team in the creation of unique and cutting edge digital products.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
At River Island, we believe that each member of our architecture team should be able to lead a solution design and drive its implementation, but also be able to contribute to the wider enterprise strategy that we build and evolve as a community. Who better to ensure that the enterprise vision is delivered than the architects on the ground delivering solutions?
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
We are looking for motivated members who bring experience, new ideas and most importantly positive energy to designing and delivering systems for a fast-paced retailer working in a dynamic industry. No two days present the same challenges and so a successful candidate will be ready to apply themselves to new domains and technologies at any time.
You will work with the wider architecture community at River Island and contribute to exploring and defining architectural principles and strategic direction. We are looking for architects who can supply hands-on architecture expertise to project teams, applying those principles to shaping conceptual, logical and physical IT solutions for projects.
- Demonstrable depth of knowledge and hands on practical experience across one or more of the following architectural domains. E.g.:
- Retail operations (POS systems included)
- Supply chain
- Buying & merchandising
- Omni-channel commerce
- Digital Transformation within enterprise businesses.
- AWS/cloud services
- Demonstrable capacity to apply oneself to architectural challenges outside of ones’ typical area of specialism when required – for example to appraise solution designs presented to the architectural community by one of its members.
- Sound understanding of cloud services as to be able to assess their suitability for applying to solution designs.
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)