We are currently looking for a Product Designer with exceptional problem-solving skills.
Rational, curious, experimental and calm, the RI Design team makes sure that our users' needs are always represented. They know that thoughtful design can help us hit our business goals, and they simplify processes so that our products are delightful and easy to use.
You’re proactive and able to drive the full user experience lifecycle from research through to design (UX and UI) and testing. You’ll be required to work on everything from sketching ideas to running workshops with multiple stakeholders, so we’re looking for someone happy to get their hands dirty.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS...
- You will have extensive practical product design experience and a can-do attitude.
- Experience designing across mobile, web and tablet is a must.
- You will have worked on highly visible big-brand initiatives.
- You are comfortable talking to and working closely with developers.
- You are comfortable in presenting and discussing your creative to peers and stakeholders.
- You are comfortable in designing and delivering products in a time-critical environment.
- You know how to use data and best practice to justify decisions and actions.
- You know Agile and Lean development methodologies.
- You are autonomous and proactive in solving problems.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
What will you do?
- Own the Day-to-day responsibility for product design activity across web and mobile.
- Ensuring that all work is delivered on time, aligned with business goals.
- Lead full-lifecycle consumer-engagement and product design initiatives.
- Work with relevant business owners throughout the product lifecycle.
- Champion the omnichannel experience across all platforms.
- Provide multiple variants of a design and then engage in creative debate
- Challenge convention and existing working practices using justifiable arguments
- Influence product decisions and conversations.
Skills and Experience
- Impressive Product Design portfolio.
- Experience designing user interfaces for web, mobile, tablet.
- Experience prototyping for web, mobile, and tablet (ProtoPie, Flinto, InVision…).
- Full cycle designer; from research to concept, to prototype, to the final product.
- Usability and information architecture knowledge.
- Expert in Sketch app.
Attitudes and behaviours:
- Treats team members with consideration and respect
- Demonstrates a flexible and collaborative approach
- Sets high personal standards
- Builds positive and constructive relationships with colleagues
- Proactive and considered approach
- Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
- Focuses on delivering best possible outcome and value for River Island and for the customer
- Takes personal responsibility for team and departmental success
- Takes a positive and responsive approach to identifying, raising and resolving risks and issues
- Must have a real passion for modern enterprise tech.
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane only)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)