We are looking for a Server Support Analyst to build, manage and support the River Island IT Server Infrastructure, and contribute to the specification and delivery of new core infrastructure.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Logging, prioritisation and management of incidents to meet OLA’s and SLA’s
- Manage assigned specific tasks / areas of responsibility to support the building and maintenance of River Island server infrastructure
- Work with partners to implement solutions for existing and new core infrastructure and manage their delivery
- Continuous Service Improvement
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Minimum 4 years system administration experience on Linux RedHat 5-6
- Minimum 4 years supporting VMWare and Xen environments.
- Advanced knowledge of system tuning and performance optimisation.
- Understanding of Cloud Infrastructure implementations –(AWS) – Must be able to demonstrate knowledge of migrations to the cloud and supporting hybrid infrastructure.
- Automation experience
- Scripting capability (Bash, Ansible, PowerShell)
- Networking and Internet fundamentals
- Storage management, design and support
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on their own or as part of a team.
- ITIL Service Management- Certified Foundation as a minimum
- Database Administration (i.e. IMS, DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MS Access)
- Experience supporting Microsoft Window Server 2008-20012
- Understanding of CI/CD tools such Jenkins / Concourse
- Understanding of containers and associated tooling suck as Docker / Kubernetes.
- Understanding of source control tools such as GitHub
- Understanding of Jira and Confluence
- Understanding of Agile methodologies
- Understanding of Dev Ops cultures
- Understanding of ITSM tools such as ServiceNow
- PCI and other regulatory compliance knowledge
- WEB filtering and Proxy technologies
- Middleware technologies
- Ability to translate technical issues into business language
- Exchange / Office 365 Administration and Support.
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking