Ready to join one of the most successful fashion brands on the high street? Do you have a passion for fashion? Driven to achieve? United to win? If your answers are yes, we think you'll love it here on the Island…
From our first shop in the remains of a North London bombsite in the 1940s, to now over 250 stores across the UK, Ireland and internationally. We are known for our stylish, affordable fashion and we like to shout-it loud.
Our Island community is everything and we are stronger together. Every Islander counts in making fashion a force for good and we value individuality and difference. Exceptional people have made River Island a success for over 70 years. Together we will continue to do so in the years ahead.
We are one team. We are the difference. We are River Island.
Your role as the Service Desk Manager is to lead the Service Desk Support team to provide outstanding customer service with a proactive approach for internal River Island IT customers based within head office, Stores, and field staff. Including;
- Day to day management and support of the Service Desk and VIP Support team to meet OLA’s and SLA’s
- Constantly deliver measurable continuous service improvements
What You Do Within The Service Desk Matters
- Assign specific areas of responsibility to the EUC team to achieve service levels
- Manage, plan and monitor BAU and project work to ensure all tasks are completed to a high standard and within expectation
- Provide hands on technical support where required to support team workloads
- Collaborate with other teams / Peer groups and escalate where required
- Service Desk team resourcing including the management of OOH
- Review, edit and improve support processes, including Root cause analysis for ongoing issues
- Own high impacting incidents, problems, and risks - working to get them resolved
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities within the Cloud and Infrastructure and support teams to enhance service levels
- Act as a Point of contact for escalations from the user base.
- Use own initiative and professional judgement to make sound decisions to maintain the service desk environment considering established processes and budgets.
- Adhere to all compliance policies and processes
- Maintain and drive the development of a fit for purpose service desk environment
- Provide weekly & monthly team performance reports required by Senior Management
- Conduct regular one to one meeting with all team members
- Work with team to enhance and grow skills, by providing and mentoring each member
- Provide individual performance reports and personal development plans for all team members
- Maintain service levels by continuous recruitment and contribute to RI Juniors program
WE KNOW WHAT WE'RE DOING… and we know what experience we're looking for
- Previous experience of agile working, managing a large team in an IT support role within a high pressured environment
- Previous experience in a IT support and customer service role
- ITIL Qualification: Foundation
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 and Apple Mac client operating systems as well as various software packages including Microsoft Office, Active Directory and Adobe Creative Suite, amongst others
- Excellent technical knowledge of PCs, other desktop hardware, laptops and tablets
- Excellent IT skills, computer literacy and organisational skills.
- Ability to demonstrate practical troubleshooting and problem analysis techniques
- Excellent communication skills with a wide variety of people in a professional manner, face to face, on the telephone and in writing
- Good attention to detail and ability to show initiative and have a proactive nature
- Ability to plan, prioritise, manage, and perform under pressure to meet SLAs
- Willing to work flexibly and with enthusiasm
- Network+ certifications
- Customer Service Qualification
- ECDL or CLAiT Qualifications
Attitudes and behaviours:
- Treats team members with consideration and respect
- Demonstrates a flexible and collaborative approach
- Sets high personal standards
- Builds positive and constructive relationships with colleagues
- Proactive and considered approach
- Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
- Focuses on delivering best possible outcome and value for River Island and for the customer
- Takes personal responsibility for team and departmental success
- Takes a positive and responsive approach to identifying, raising and resolving risks and issues
The base location for this role is at our Head Office in West London. Hanger Lane is the nearest tube station on the central line, alternatively we have a free on-site car park should driving be an option.
And wait, did we mention the perks?
- Discount - Generous 50% staff discount so you can treat yourself & a bargain staff shop, all onsite!
- RI Rewards - Reducing Islanders everyday expenses through discounts, benefits, financial advice, wellbeing solutions and more with Reward Gateway!
- Island culture - We have a free onsite gym, subsidised restaurant & café & various social events throughout the year. We also work closely with the Retail Trust to create dedicated support for all our Islanders!
- Work that stays at work - Flexible working is a given, on top of payday early finishes and Summer Fridays
- Family Hub - Every family is unique, we support Islanders with all different family setups enhanced maternity, paternity, adoption & fertility treatment
- Giver Island - Give as you earn scheme, a 'Giver Island' day each year and matched funding
- Training on the job - Support with upskilling skills through on the job training and qualifications
- Pension - A contributory private pension scheme
- Holiday - 25 days paid holiday, exclusive of Bank Holidays!
At River Island we are committed to the safeguarding of all of our employees regardless of age or job role. We will fulfil our obligation under the Prevent duty which seeks to stop extremism and extremist views from materialising in our business. We promote and encourage the belief in British Values- including democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty and mutual respect and tolerance of different faiths and beliefs. To find out more, please visit www.gov.uk