We are looking for a Site Reliability Engineer who can build, manage and support the River Island IT Infrastructure in AWS. Contribute to the specification and delivery of new public cloud hosted enterprise and microservice applications.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Participate in current state system analysis, requirements gathering, and documentation for specific projects
- Provide expertise and consultation on the technical design and implementation processes
- Work with 3rd party project delivery suppliers to implement infrastructure solutions
- Contributes to and ensures full hand off in project transitions, managing the handover process for delivered technology where applicable.
- Contributes to the Risks and Issues log for both inflight projects and existing solutions
- Proactively monitor and maintain Cloud Platform Infrastructure
As a Site Reliability Engineer (CloudOps/DevOps), continuous delivery and continuous operation practices will apply. You will collaborate with all DevOps teams across the business to understand each teams service end-to-end, as a primary goal to continuously and structurally improve the reliability and maintainability of the whole IT spectrum.
- Billing and Account Governance
- Security, Auditing and Access Management
- Asset Management
- Infrastructure / Platform Resilience (HA/DR/BC/Backup according to Business need and accepted risk)
- Monitoring and Incident Management
- Configuration, Config and Change Management
- Release and Deployment Management
- Scoping, designing and deploying environments to support product and enterprise application development in the AWS public cloud platform.
- Produce secure scalable, cost effective infrastructure and develop and maintain DevOps / CloudOps tools and services that underpin Agile (Kanban/Scrum) delivery.
- Analyze and optimise River Island infrastructure across the River Islands AWS ecosystem – Continues Improvement
- Resolve incidents, collaborating with other teams and escalating where required in line with incident processes
- Proactively monitor, troubleshoot and resolve issues when necessary.
- Work with project teams to ensure successful realization of deliverables.
- Documentation of solutions
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- AWS – Architect & Dev (SysOps/DevOps Certs Preferred)
- Configuration Management
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Advanced knowledge of system tuning and performance optimisation.
- Strong automation experience
- Scripting capability – working knowledge of at least one of the top tier programming languages
- Networking and Internet fundamentals
- Storage management, design and support
- Excellent working knowledge of popular monitoring/alerting/dashboarding solutions (Zabbix, CloudWatch, New Relic, Prometheus, Grafana etc)
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Windows and Linux Sysadmin – Operations background
- Trainer mentality to upskill co-workers
- HA Proxy
- Go Lang / Python
- Awareness of ITIL Service Management & Agile delivery (Scrum/Kanban) in a DevOps culture
- Jira / Confluence
- Database Administration (MySQL/Oracle)
- Middleware technologies
- Ability to translate technical issues into business language
Technical skill sets (required)
- AWS - EC2/ECS/S3/ELB/ALB/NLB/RDS/IAM/VPN/Direct connect/Lambda/
- Terraform (AWS as the provider)
- Concourse or other YAML based pipeline tool
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking