RI are looking for test automation expertise for our cross-functional product development teams to enable quick and reliable delivery. You will design and implement test automation frameworks, develop automated tests that are integrated into CI/CD pipeline. As well as plan, define and execute testing of all project deliveries, triage issues found and report on progress.
- Review business/design documentation to ensure that requirements/user stories/acceptance criteria stated are correct, unambiguous, and verifiable.
- Work as an embedded tester in the context of a scrum team, evaluating complexity of user stories, contributing to estimates during sprint planning, developing tests, ensuring test execution is appropriately conducted by cross-functional scrum team members and building/maintaining effective automated acceptance tests.
- Create high quality, maintainable, and performant test code.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality assurance processes and actively contribute to test automation initiative across the RI IT function covering all phases of testing
- Identify and inform the team of any impediments or risks to product quality or project delivery
- Ensure defects are documented in sufficient detail to be reproducible
- Manage defects found and work with stakeholders (Business, IT) to analyse, prioritise and resolve them
- Provide metrics on quality and progress
- Proactively share knowledge and information with others
- Assist and support business users during user acceptance testing
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established processes, practices, procedures and quality standards
- Avoid engaging in any activity that hinders progress
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Significant experience of automation test approaches and setting up test automation frameworks from scratch
- Experience of developing tests at all levels of agile test automation pyramid
- Extensive experience with quality assurance tools and practices
- Understanding of agile methodologies such as test driven development, continuous integration, agile testing
- Experience of planning, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, non-functional, regression, integration, UAT, OAT etc)
- In depth knowledge of Exploratory testing techniques, Rapid software testing and Session based testing, testing heuristics
- Experience of testing complex enterprise and web/mobile applications
- Knowledgeable in Service Oriented/Micro-Services architecture
- Knowledgeable in TDD/BDD methodologies
- Experience in automated API testing
Technical skill sets (required)
- Test Automation in Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber-JVM, Appium
- Build tools like Maven, Gradle or similar
- CI Tools like Teamcity, Jenkins or similar
- Cloud infrastructure like AWS, Digital Ocean or similar
- Cloud testing solutions like SauceLabs, TestingBot, AWS Device farm etc
- Project/Issue tracking tools such as Jira
Technical skill sets (Desirable)
- Relational(Oracle, SQL Server) and noSQL databases(MongoDB, DynamoDB or similar)
- Automated mobile app testing using Appium, Calabash etc
- Test Management tools such as Zephyr, Quality Center or similar
- Performance Test Tools such as Load Runner, JMeter, Gatling etc
- Security Test Tools such as ZAP, Nessus etc
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!