We are looking for experienced SDETs to champion QA and test automation in our cross-functional teams. With a thorough working knowledge of agile methodologies and technical testing, you will engage proactively with your team to understand business requirements and develop automated tests to maximise the effectiveness of in-sprint and regression testing.
- Ensure that requirements/user stories/acceptance criteria stated are correct, unambiguous, and testable.
- Work as an embedded tester in an agile cross-functional product team. This might involve - evaluating complexity of user stories, estimating during sprint planning, assessing and flagging risk, developing and performing tests.
- Collaborate with your team to inject quality-first thinking and to focus on prevention or early detection of defects.
- Identify any potential risks to product quality and plan tests focused on the identified risks.
- Adopt a user perspective in testing end-user facing applications.
- Design and build robust and scalable test automation frameworks for the entire tech stack and develop test automation in accordance with industry best practices including unit, integration, E2E, Non-functional tests etc.
- Create high quality, maintainable, and performant test code.
- Proactively identify opportunities to improve the quality assurance processes and actively contribute to test automation initiative across the RI IT function covering all phases of testing.
- Ensure defects are documented in sufficient detail to be reproducible. Manage defects found and work with stakeholders/team to analyse, prioritise and resolve them.
- Proactively share knowledge and information with others.
- Mentor team on quality assurance and test automation best practices.
- Ensure all work is completed in a timely manner and in accordance with established processes, practices, procedures and quality standards.
- Actively contribute to relevant Communities of practice.
- Report on relevant quality metrics and drive continuous improvements in the team.
- Support business users during user acceptance testing.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, you will have:
- Significant experience of automation test approaches and setting up test automation frameworks from scratch in at least one object-oriented programming language.
- Experience of developing tests at all levels of agile test automation pyramid
- Extensive experience with quality assurance tools and practices
- Understanding of agile methodologies such as test driven development,test-driven integration, agile testing
- Experience of planning, executing and validating tests across the full test spectrum (functional, regression, integration, UAT, OAT etc)
- Experience of Database testing or Data Migration testing
- Experience of testing complex enterprise scale integrations involving multiple applications.
- Experience of Docker containerisation and CICD at scale
- Extensive programming experience in Java
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Knowledge of Unit testing frameworks
- Non-functional testing including Security, Performance, Operability etc
- Knowledgeable in Service Oriented/Micro-Services architecture
- Experience in automated API testing
Technical skill sets (required):
- Test Automation using Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber-JVM
- Programming in Java, C# or similar
- Object oriented design patterns
- Build tools like Maven, Gradle or similar
- CI Tools like Teamcity, Jenkins or similar
- Cloud infrastructure like AWS, Digital Ocean or similar
- Project/Issue tracking tools such as Jira
Technical skill sets (Desirable):
- Relational(Oracle, SQL Server) and noSQL databases(MongoDB, DynamoDB or similar)
- Test Management tools such as Zephyr, Quality Center or similar
- Performance Test Tools such as Load Runner, JMeter, Gatling etc
- Security Test Tools such as ZAP, Nessus etc
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest-Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)