We are looking for a Software Developer in Test to support the development of our Native Apps and customer shopping experience!
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Support the development of River Island’s native Apps by owning the test automation strategy and conducting functional, integration, regression and acceptance testing.
- Adopt an automation first approach and work in parallel with development to develop automation tests.
- Proactively identify improvements to the current App dev, build and test processes with a focus on increasing value and shortening feedback loops. Work closely with Digital test manager and Engineering managers to implement process and ways of working changes.
- Collaborate with UX designers, business analysts and 3rd party software development team on development iterations.
- Take ownership of the Apps automation framework and extend its capabilities to support developments in the Apps or to respond to changes in underlying platform and drivers.
- Continuous improvements in App automation framework for scalability, resilience, and performance.
- Create documentation around the framework, best practices, and learnings
- Actively contribute to Test Automation Community of Practice, identifying opportunities for improvement and implementing changes in their own teams.
- Mentor/Coach team members on developing automated app tests
- Conduct demos and workshops on App Automation for wider RI Tech team
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Mobile application testing experience (iOS/Android) - functional and acceptance testing
- Test automation framework design applying object-oriented programming principles
- Mobile test automation using Appium – running tests on real devices and emulator/simulators
- Java design patterns like factory, repository, strategy, builder etc.
- Spring Dependency injection, Lambda expressions and Streams in Java 8, Anonymous classes
- Build orchestration and CICD pipelines
- XCode and Android build tools
- Gradle or Maven
- Agile – Scrum/Kanban
- Cloud test platforms like SauceLabs, Browserstack
DESIRED EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Restful webservices testing
- Web automation using Selenium Webdriver, Cucumber in Java
- Working with 3rd party development teams
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop