We are looking for an experienced Software Engineering Technical Lead to lead a team of software engineers to deliver all engineering artefacts allocated to a scrum team.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- Leading a team of one or more Software Engineers in the context of a scrum
- The quality and timeliness of software engineering deliverables produced by a team of Software Engineers
- Detailed technical design, ensuring it is complete, satisfies business requirements and is in-line with Solution Architecture
- Transition of technical components and associated documentation into live operation
- Production of high-quality code by self and team within agreed timelines
- Out of hours and daytime support for live systems as required by the team support rota
- Investigation and remediation of production issues / system defects
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in a software engineer role with some experience as a technical lead
- Experience using agile development methodologies test-driven development, continuous integration and iterative development
- Ability to work in a high pressure, deadline driven environment managing multiple priorities
- Hands on experience in leading a team of Software Engineers
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player who is willing to work outside immediate team to deliver on common organizational goals
- Able to write and review detailed technical design specifications, including data modelling techniques
- Action orientated person with a track record of delivery
- Able to analyse issues/blockers and provide suitable options for resolution
- Experience in the Retail industry
- Have understanding of supply chain / distribution / logistic / warehouse management systems
- Exposure to Cloud based infrastructure and technologies.
- Experience in optimisation and performant code principles.
- Understanding of Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) concepts and application.
- Understanding of behaviour / test-driven development (BDD / TDD) principles.
Technical skill sets (required)
- HTML, CSS, Linux, Shell Scripts
- SQL, PL/SQL
Technical skill sets (Desirable)
- Oracle 11G/12C
- Apex, Uniface, SQL Server
- Source control GIT
- Project tracking tools such as Jira
- Build and Continuous Integration tooling
- Understanding of Web Services / APIs / Microservices / AWS cloud computing
- Understanding of Data Warehousing Concepts
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking