You’re an experienced designer with exceptional problem-solving skills.
Rational, curious, experimental and calm, the RI UX team makes sure that our users’ needs are always represented. They know that thoughtful UX design can help us hit our business goals, and they simplify processes so that our products are always logical and easy to use.
You’re proactive and able to drive the full user experience lifecycle from research through to design and testing. You’ll be required to work on everything from sketching ideas to running workshops with multiple stakeholders, so we’re looking for someone happy to get their hands dirty.
This role will report into our UI Lead. You will collaborate closely with your colleagues within our design team and also across the wider Development and Product business.
• You will have extensive practical UI design experience and a can-do attitude
• You will have worked on highly visible big-brand initiatives
• You shouldn’t be fazed when talking to and working closely with developers. You should be friendly, articulate and be confident and comfortable presenting and discussing your creative to peers and stakeholders.
• You will be motivated by both designing and delivering products in a time-critical environment
• You will be accustomed to using data and best practice to justify decisions and actions
• You will be comfortable being autonomous when there is a limited briefing process and minimal project kick-off
What will you do?
• Day-to-day responsibility for your deliverables: ensuring work is delivered on time, aligned with business goals and improves our users’ experience of our products.
• Lead full-lifecycle consumer-engagement and UI design initiatives - work with project managers, scrum teams and other relevant business owners throughout the product lifecycle.
• Encourage the quantity, quality and effective integration of user-generated creative content
• Champion the importance of responsive design to ensure an optimal experience across all platforms
• Provide multiple variants of a design at short notice and then engaging in creative debate
• Be disruptive – challenge convention and existing working practices using justifiable arguments
• Influencer in product decisions and conversations
Desired Skills and Experience
• Impressive UX/UI portfolio.
• Experience designing user-interfaces for web and mobile apps
• A strong working knowledge Atomic design and experience adhering to, and designing within, a set style guide
• Have experience designing native apps as well as for the responsive web
• Experience with designing transitions and micro-animations
• Have usability knowledge and experience with detailed information architecture
• Full cycle designer; from concept and wireframes through to solutions, polish and asset creation.
• High level of experience of using Sketchand Invision’sCraftplugin
• Have experience using analytics data to inform design decisions
• Have experience with prototyping tools – Axure, Balsamiq, Proto.io, InVisionor similar
• Have experience in the world of fashion/eCommerce
• You will have experience working with Agile development methodologies
• High level of experience of using Adobe CC apps such as Photoshop and Illustrator