We are looking for an experienced UX designer with exceptional problem-solving skills. Rational, curious, experimental and calm, the RI UX team makes sure that our users’ needs are always represented.You’re proactive and able to drive the full user experience lifecycle from research through to design and testing. You’ll be required to work on everything from sketching ideas to running workshops with multiple stakeholders, so we’re looking for someone happy to get their hands dirty.
You will know that thoughtful and beautifully crafted UX design can help us hit our business goals, and they simplify processes so that our products are always logical and easy to use. You will collaborate closely with your colleagues within UX & Design team and across the wider Development and Product business.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
• You will probably have agency experience, exposing you to different challenges and evolving industry trends
• You will have extensive practical UX design experience and a can-do attitude
• Experience designing across mobile and tablet is a must.
• You will have worked on highly visible big-brand initiatives
• You shouldn’t be fazed when talking to and working closely with developers. You should be friendly, articulate and be confident and comfortable presenting and discussing your creative to peers and stakeholders.
• You will be motivated by both designing and delivering products in a time-critical environment
• You will be accustomed to using data and best practice to justify decisions and actions
• You will have a passion for Agile / LEAN development methodologies
• You will be willing to work away from the process-lead Waterfall approach
• You will be comfortable being autonomous when there is a limited briefing process and minimal project kick-off
What will you do as a UX Designer?
• Day-to-day responsibility for UX/UI activity across web and app: ensuring all work is delivered on time, aligned with business goals and improves our users’ experience of our products.
• Lead full-lifecycle consumer-engagement and UX design initiatives - work with project managers and other relevant business owners throughout the product lifecycle.
• Encourage the quantity, quality and effective integration of user-generated creative content
• Champion the importance of responsive design to ensure an optimal experience across all platforms
• Provide multiple variants of a design at short notice and then engaging in creative debate
• Be disruptive – challenge convention and existing working practices using justifiable arguments
• Influencer in product decisions and conversations
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
• Impressive UX/UI portfolio.
• Experience designing user-interfaces for web, apps, mobile, tablet and more
• Have experience designing for Android and iOS as well as the responsive web
• Have experience with prototyping tools – Axure, Balsamiq, Proto.io, InVision or similar
• Have usability knowledge and experience with detailed information architecture (wireframing).
• Full cycle designer; from concept and wireframes through to solutions, polish and asset creation.
• Be an expert in Adobe Creative Suite
• Have experience using analytics data to inform design decisions
• Have experience in the world of fashion/eCommerce
• Own a blog, Flickr, Dribbble account or other online platform to show off what you get up to in your spare time
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it! Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses you may require to perform your duties.
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)