We are looking for an experienced, motivated and passionate User Experience Researcher to join our digital team at River Island. This role seeks an individual with a proven track record of setting up and building a research practice from the ground up, a deep understanding of ethnographic study, research methods and best practice techniques to conduct in depth analysis of user and their interactions with digital interfaces.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
- The ability to conduct and guide quality research, both task speciﬁc and more ambiguous topics with high quality output, working closely with other UX practitioners and cross functional teams.
- You will be working with stakeholders and cross functional teams across the business, helping to shape the direction of our products, conﬁdently communicating recommendations and gaining support and advocacy for experience research and its role in the design process.
- You’ll be mentoring a team of UX designers in research, contributing to studies that provide insights to inform design thinking as well as identifying research opportunities to conduct live quantitative and qualitative tests and strategic discovery work to support the product roadmap and experience strategy.
- Run exploration sessions with users and internal stakeholders to better understand requirements Capture and reﬁne business and customer goals to inform well thought out research and analysis Identify the best methods to support project objectives, blending a mix of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies.
- Deﬁne and conduct both quick and in-depth interviews and usability studies, remaining ﬂexible with scope, time and budget constraints Produce high quality recommendations based on research in a format that’s clear and addresses the brief, Work with UX designer and other key stakeholders to support improvements of both new and existing digital interfaces.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
The ideal candidate Is passionate about the value added through user research and can conﬁdently evaluate and communicate ﬁndings in a clear and relatable way Is an advocate of collaborating and mentoring others to be self-sufﬁcient, as well as crafting a governance around research that maintains accuracy and quality output Is able to identify and strike a balance in approach within constraints such as time and cost without endangering the validity of studies
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be! As a business, we are committed to developing our talent and offer a fantastic training program to help you optimise your performance and support your career progression with the company.
Our working environment is busy, fast moving and responsive to our customers’ needs, much like our training which is unique to our business and reflective of our fun and refreshing brand and our people within it!
Our River Academy offers ongoing training and development by running workshops throughout the year varying from courses focusing on softer skills to the more technical courses that may help with you
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership (Hanger Lane only)
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop (Hanger Lane)
- Subsidised canteen (Hanger Lane only)
- Free onsite parking (Hanger Lane only)