We are looking for a Web Operations/Infrastructure Engineer to support River Island’s eCommerce websites infrastructure and platform to ensure availability, performance and security meet agreed KPIs.
WHAT YOU DO MATTERS…
You will be responsible for:
- Day to day administration and ownership of the hosting platform (production / QA environments / Dev).
- Point of escalation for issues pertaining to the availability, security and performance of all websites, in both the production and development / QA environment.
- Troubleshooting and resolving live issue. Providing support to business users and project teams.
- Run and manage internal projects to improve services as part of RI Continuous service improvement plans.
- Actively work with vendors and suppliers.
WE KNOW WHAT WE’RE DOING… and we know exactly what experience we’re looking for!
For this role, skills and experience needed:
- *Proven track record in Web Operations, Web Services and Infrastructure Engineer positions
- *Expert knowledge of web technologies and infrastructure
- *Experience of supporting Windows and Linux based infrastructure
- *Strong working knowledge of IIS, SQL server administration. Nginx configuration and administration.
- Desirable to have experience of managing and operating AWS infrastructure
- Experience of supporting public facing websites and related technologies
- Powershell / Scripting tools
- Good understanding of networking , AD, DNS, firewall , security
- Experience of deploying code in production environment using automation
- Experience of using Monitoring and backup tools.
- Operational and automation mindset
Attitudes and behaviours:
- Treats team members with consideration and respect
- Demonstrates a flexible and collaborative approach
- Sets high personal standards
- Builds positive and constructive relationships with colleagues
- Proactive and considered approach
- Demonstrates energy and resourcefulness in addressing business needs and requirements
- Focuses on delivering best possible outcome and value for River Island and for the customer
- Takes personal responsibility for team and departmental success
- Takes a positive and responsive approach to identifying, raising and resolving risks and issues
IT NEVER GETS BORING…
If you are ambitious and love working in a busy environment where every day is new, then River Island is the place to be!
You will be working with industry experts who are passionate about our brand and really know their stuff. They are focused on ensuring they deliver this knowledge to their team to support with their development with the business. What better way to learn and develop your career than alongside someone who has been there and done it themselves!
It’s not all work and no play here either…we all work hard but we also like to have fun too! We are a social bunch and regularly host events ranging from Summer and Christmas parties, bake offs, and lots of charity events!
WE LOOK OUT FOR ONE ANOTHER…and in doing so, we provide great benefits for our employees:
- 50% Staff Discount
- Pension Scheme
- Holiday plus bank holidays
- Interest Free Season Ticket Loan
- Discounted on-site gym membership
- Ride to work scheme
- Staff Shop
- Subsidised canteen
- Free onsite parking